Masonic Lodge Scholarship Review Team Information & Procedures
Washington Jurisdiction Lodges are invited (at no cost to them) to participate in the WA Masonic Charities-Grand Lodge Scholarship Program. To participate, interested Lodges simply need to "opt in" by completing the form below. Once included, they will assist in promoting the scholarships and reviewing local applications. This is a great way for Lodges to help, even if they do not have their own scholarship program.
1. Online applications open for students on September 19, 2016.
2. Participating Lodges may circulate scholarship program information to school career and counseling offices between September 30, 2016 and February 24, 2017.
3. Online applications close to students on February 24, 2017.
4. WA Masonic Charities will forward online student applications & review/scoring criteria to the nearest participating Lodge Review Team contact by February 28th, 2017
5. Scholarship teams review applications between February 28th and March 12, 2017.
6. Participating Lodges then forward their top scholarship candidates to their District Deputy.
7. The District Deputy will then select his top candidates and forwarded to WA Masonic Charities (email@example.com) for Scholarship Committee final review and selection by April 19, 2017.
8. The WA Masonic Charities Scholarship Committee Chairman will inform the Lodge Scholarship Team, and District Deputy of the results.
9. Lodge informs WA Masonic Charities of the scheduled date/time of presentation/sannouncements well enough in advance that members of the committee and/or staff can be present if available.
10. The Lodge Review Team will inform the local scholarship winner of the award.
11. Local Lodges may integrate the announcement/presentation of the award as part of their community activities.
12. WA Masonic Charities will help promote and highlight participating Lodge's effort and winners in their local communities.
Contact Scholarship Committee Chairman, Darrick Hayman firstname.lastname@example.org, or Ken Gibson, Executive Director, WA Masonic Charities email@example.com or (844) 288-3531 x 101