- Who Qualifies
- Who To Contact
- Process for Request for Masonic Relief
- Grand Lodge Request for Masonic Relief Form
- WA Masonic Charities Services
- Other Resources
- Masonic Services Bureau
- Scottish Rite Almoner
If you are a Mason in good standing or Masonic widow in distress, please first reach out to your Lodge, then contact the skilled staff of Masonic Outreach Services at 253.442.2505. We will do our best to help you identify and find the best long term solution to meet your needs.
Our services and financial assistance is based on helping individuals meet urgent basic needs to keep stable, so we should not be looked on as an alternative source of funds when one gets into a financial jam. Please understand that Washington Masonic Charities does not write checks or provide money directly to individuals. We will ask to meet in person or on the phone to understand your situation. We will be asking questions about your financial situation – this helps us identify and provide the most effective solution to your situation.
Masons, please remember that the first step in any request for relief is to ask a Brother or your Lodge brothers for assistance. Brethren – please also remember that we ought to personally do what we can when a worthy Brother asks for help.
We recognize that the needs can be greater than the resources available. We ask that you follow the process, which helps us assure that we are being responsible and transparent with the limited resources we have available.
Process for Masonic Relief
Please follow these three steps to obtain Masonic Relief:
1. Home Lodge: Contact you Lodge Worshipful Master or Lodge Secretary and find out what the Lodge’s process is to request assistance.
2. Grand Lodge Charity Committee: For needs greater than your Lodge can provide, you may complete a Request for Masonic Relief form, found on the Grand Lodge website. Follow the instructions or call us for assistance. This will go through the Grand Lodge Charity Committee process. Grand Lodge Masonic Relief Application.
3. (A) WA Masonic Charities: If the need still exists, then WA Masonic Charities may also be able to provide limited one-time emergency needs assistance.
3. (B) WA Masonic Service Bureau may also be able to provide assistance. The MSB’s primary focus is assisting Masons in good standing who are going through financial issues – loss of job, or sudden hardship expenses. MSB assistance is Short-Term in nature. Masons in good standing need to be sponsored by their home Lodge.Visit the Masonic Service Bureau website or call or 206-937-1445.
Washington Masonic Charities’ professionally trained and experienced staff provide confidential outreach and stabilization assistance for Freemasons in good standing anywhere in Washington. This includes wives, Masonic widows, and, depending on circumstances, family members.
Masonic relief is intended to assist an individual or family when a serious, unexpected, and often dangerous situation requiring immediate action for which there are no known community resources available to meet the need or the urgency of the situation.
Due to limitations and restrictions on funding, Masonic Relief is not intended as a long term solution.
Assistance may include connecting the requester with local resources to assist in sustaining self-sufficiency.
If you, or a member of the Masonic family is experiencing a qualifying emergency need (as defined above), call our office and ask to speak to one of our case managers. Dial: 1-844-228-3531.